Skip to main content


General Questions

For all billing questions, please contact (801)785-5045, please call this number and not the public works department.

Call Police Dispatch at (801)785-3506.

Call City Hall at (801)785-5045.

Call the Water Department at (801)785-2941 and ask to have it checked. Often this is a pressure regulator in your home going bad. Have it checked by a plumber.

It's the homeowner's responsibility to put in curb and gutter. The homeowner needs to go to the Community Development Department or Public Works for more information. Call a contractor to install the curb and gutter.

Call the Water Department at (801) 785-2941 and they will check out the leak. If the leak is on the street side of the water meter, the Water Department will fix the leak. If the leak is on the house side of the meter, the homeowner is responsible to fix the leak or call a professional for help.

Most houses have a valve just inside the house where the water line comes in. If you need to turn your water off at the meter call the Water Department at (801) 785-2941. Except in an emergency, do not try turning the water off at the meter yourself. It is against the law to tamper with the meter and meter box.

Call the Sewer Department at (801)785-2941. Call a plumber for problems between the house and the sewer main. Call the Sewer Department at (801)785-2941 for mainline back-ups.

Sewer backed up? Here's what to do. If a backup occurs, first take action to protect people and valuable property. You may call the City or special service district at (801) 785-2941. As a service, we will check the main sewer. Any blockage found in the main lines will be promptly cleared. If the main line is not blocked, we recommend that you call a plumbing or sewer contractor to check your lateral line. Maintenance and repair of the lateral serving the home is the owner's responsibility. Regardless of the location of the blockage, clean up of the home should be done as soon as possible to minimize damage and possible negative health effects. There are qualified local businesses that specialized in this type of clean up.

Backup Prevention

Taking notice of what is flushed down toilets and sinks can prevent most backups. DO NOT flush the following materials (or similar items) down toilets/drains. These items can plug the main and cause damage to you and other property owners connected to the main.

  • Large quantities of toilet paper
  • Paper towels
  • Feminine napkins
  • Disposable diapers
  • Clothing, socks, underwear
  • Plastic, metal, wood, etc.
  • Large quantities of cereals or grains (they can swell with water)
  • Live seeds, beans and peas (they may sprout)
  • Grease, fats or oils
  • Sand
  • Fibrous materials (cotton balls, hair, rags, cigarette butts...)
  • Sponges, scouring pads

Section 715 of the International Plumbing Code requires installation of a back water valve on drains to plumbing fixtures that are below the next manhole upstream from the building. If you do not have such a device, have one installed. Insurance Many homeowners'policies exclude sewer backups, but this coverage often can be added. You should contact your insurance agent for detail.

Call Blue Stakes at 811. This is a free service.

Call Public Works at (801)785-2941 and report where the pot hole is so we can get it filled in. Call your insurance company and mechanic to take care of your repairs.

Call Public Works at (801)785-2941. We will grind it down if possible. If it is too large to grind, then the sidewalk will need to be replaced by the homeowner, and the city will participate in the cost.

Battlecreek Well, East of 500 East and South of 1800 North 14.6 grains per gallon. Monson Well, West of 500 East and South of 1800 North 17.5 grains per gallon. Manila Water, North of 1800 North 28.7 grains per gallon.